Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Misunderstood & Miscalculated


Skorts are perceived as "so circa 1980's", but it seems like the trend is starting to resurface, and I'm not complaining. With the scorching heat and unbearable humidity also resurfacing, skorts are a definite must-have of the season. They appear dressier than shorts and they have more coverage and movement than skirts. I added leather ankle boots and edgy jewelry to offset the femininity of my lace shirt and floral skort. 

Although I didn't really go anywhere spectacular in this outfit, I would add a leather jacket if I was going out at night or exchange the boots for some nude flats if I was running some errands throughout the day. I did, however, end up at a Panera with my very best friend, Joanna, who I'd like to thank for taking these amazing pictures for me. As always, thank you for checking out my blog and enjoy the rest of your week! 

x,
Melissa

Sheer Lace Shirt - Express
Floral Skort - Express
Leather Ankle Boots w/ Perforated Details - Diba
Wrap Necklace (used as a choker) - Swarovski 





follow me!
blog - www.fashionlovesthefearless.blogspot.com
tumblr - www.fashionlovesthefearless.tumblr.com
lookbook - www.lookbook.nu/user/3210796-Melissa-C
instagram - www.instagram.com/melissacarlaaay
twitter - www.twitter.com/melissacarlaaay
email - fashionlovesthefearless@gmail.com



Thank you to Joanna, aka the Tecnotik, for taking these photos! She's my absolute favorite DJ and Producer, and I can't wait to take over the world with her! Check her out: